1) I will suspend my point of view as the only point of view.
- I am willing to put my point of view alongside others’ points of view as one among many to be compared, contrasted, and considered.
- I will make my point of view available for analysis along with those of others.
2) I will regard the other participants as partners.
- I want the benefits of dialogue more than I want to hold onto the privilege of rank.
- I will respect every person and every point of view.• I will practice active listening.
- I will not interrupt.
3) I will practice respectful inquiry.
- I will respond kindly and gently to what others say.
- I will ask questions.
- I will be open to seeing new possibilities.
4. I will be a part of creating a safe container for thinking together.
- I will listen to the potential of this group.
- I will not judge what is said.
- I will speak truth, as I understand it, with love.
- I will make room for points of view that are not my own.
5) A facilitator will help the participants to own the dialogue.
- A good facilitator will keep the dialogue moving.
- A good facilitator is helpful but does not take the role of the expert.
- The participants are responsible for the process.